While sparklers are certainly the most fun and exciting item you can add to a birthday party or celebration, most people are unaware that the majority of fireworks accidents that happen are due to either misuse or lack of supervision while using sparklers. To help ensure that your birthday party or celebration is full of fun and not tragedy, please follow the guidelines below. Birthday sparkler safety should always be the the top priority at any celebration.
- Obey the local laws and use common sense; especially when children are involved.
- Always read and follow the instructions on the packaging, and use adult supervision.
- Keep lit and burning sparklers away from clothing and flammable objects at all times.
- Only use sparklers outdoors, away from buildings, vehicles or any other obstructions.
- Never light more than one sparkler at a time.
- Alcohol, fireworks, and sparklers do not mix. Always use responsibly.
- Never point or throw sparklers at another person or object.
- Children under age 12 should not handle sparklers unless VERY closely supervised by an adult.
- When done “sparkling”, dispose of sparklers in a bucket of water to ensure they’re out completely.
Using these common sense birthday sparkler safety measures, your birthday party or celebration is sure to be filled with fun and excitement.
*BirthdaySparklers.com is not responsible for injury or violations of the law while using our products. You as the purchaser accept all responsibility for safe and legal use of these items. Always use our products under close adult supervision, and adhere to all local and state laws regarding their use.